Thursday, February 1, 2007

Road Trip

So I got a crazy idea to write a blog about the different road trips that i have been on and the different soundtracks that sortof became the themes for them. but then I realized I may not be the expert on this so I figured I could get my friends, family and loved ones who made these trips with me to help me out and remind me of the music we listyened to , and then wen we figure out which album we listened to most, post it up and add it to this list. so I will give you what i have in my tiny little brain, and then you guys can either post comments or email me and I will update it as we go along. Well here she goes...

So as far back as i can think to start is Christmas Break/New Years way back in 2003/2004

Christmas Break 03/04 (Keizer to Seattle)... No Sountrack Yet

August 04 (Keizer to South Sister)... No Sountrack Yet

September 04 (Keizer to Olympic National Park)... No Soundtrack Yet

October 04 (LA to Berkely [for the Cal game])... I remember alot of Country Music with Mowery

Christmas Break 04/05 (New Jersey to Washington DC)... The Postal Service (possibley Garden State soundtrack?)

Spring Break 05 (LA to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park)... John Legend, Get Lifted

Summer 05 (Memphis to Springfield, MO [alone on a Greyhound])... Jason Mraz, Tonight, Not Again

Labor Day Weekend 05 (Keizer to The Enchantments )... maybe Mike's amazingly romantic Country mix

October 05 (LA to Mt. Whitney [birthday trip])... John Mayer, Any Given Thursday

Spring Break 06 (LA to Keizer [coast route] to Seattle)... John Mayer Trio, Try!; Dave Matthews Band, Weekend on the Rocks

July 06 (Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park)... for some reason Cindy Lauper's Body of Work sticks out to me

August 06 (LA to Keizer for Dave and Karyn's wedding)... Carol King, The Living Room Tour

New Years 06/07 (Keizer to Bakersfield to LA to San Diego)... Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway, Pat's Metal Music from the Radio,...



Now I probably missed some significant trip or got some music wrong so please submit a comment to clarify and inform me. I am super excited about this so if anybody thinks of anything at all to add, let me know

In His Aloha,
JD

3 comments:

Andy Miller said...

I think Guns 'N' Roses, Chicago, and U2 fall in the list somewhere.

Glimpses of Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Haha you could also put the hardcore rap annie had me change. Sweet collection of road trips though..