Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Refresh Continued

Well, I know it has been ridiculously long since I have last posted, which doesn't work the best with a to-be-continued but here we go. This is roughly what I want my life to be about in January 2009.

I want to have more disciplined time with God, I have time in the bible and in prayer, but it isn't what it could be, nor is it what I want it to be. I also want to be more patient; in light of my impending fatherhood, I know that my patience needs to increase, so I am working on it, and more importantly praying about it. In other personal areas I have realized that I'm pretty selfish when it comes to things around the home and such, so I am working on changing my attitude, my heart and mind, about that.

A big area that I am working on, which will affect everything else in my life, is that I am working on better time management skills. I don't really have much in the way of those right now, and I know that the things I want to do on a weekly basis, coupled with my added business from parenthood will most definitely need me to be better at this.

I hope to focus my time so that I can devote more time to interests like reading, writing, guitar playing and worship leading, and simply being with my wife. And on that note... I want to be better at making time for my wife as my wife, not as my co-director, not as my room-mate and house-mate, or the mother of my child, but as the woman I love and fell in love with.

I lastly want to make a commitment to writing. Specifically in this blog, and generally creating more content where I am engaging my struggles, questions, hopes, and triumphs as I go along with life. I have a goal to start being involved in writing specifically in the literary sphere by submitting articles to the Burnside Writers' Collective, a Portland based online magazine for Christians (probably classified as emergent). I am also trying to get my teeth into the publishing world by helping my friend and former High School football coach, Tom Smythe, by reading a manuscript of his (not like I'm the editor, just another set of eyes).

I realize these things are pretty ethereal and undefinable, but they are what God has placed on my heart as areas I need to work on, so, I'm doing that. Any other thoughts on things to work on in '08? Shout 'em out.
OIL

1 comment:

Penny said...

I have a google filter that sends me stuff labeled BWC. We'd love to have your submissions!

Peace,

Penny
Social Justice Editor
Burnside Writers Collective