Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Football Games

So Annie is an amazing wife. For my birthday or anniversary present and an early valentines day present she decided to start getting me copies of the games I played in at UCLA. We got the first shipment last and watched one of the games, Oregon State from my freshman year.

Part of the reason why this gift is so awesome is simply because these games aren't cheap. Somehow, they don't feel bad about charging 40 bucks a pop to burn a dvd of a game, but I guess I don't know about the copyright issues and all that so I' guess I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, another reason is that when I quit football after my sophomore year, it was one of the hardest things I've done. One of the ways that I dealt with it was by basically blocking most UCLA football memories form my mind. I also made sure I was busy every Saturday of that following fall, but that's another story. Well, after I mentally and emotionally separated myself from all that stuff, I found there to be a pretty big blank in my mind when it come to football stuff. Now, Annie never got to see me play, atleast when she knew me (she went to one game I played in, but didn't know me), so she always asks me questions ab out my experience and asks about games and playing and stuff. It has been hard to answer her before simply because I blocked it out of my mind. Watching these movies is starting to bring those memories back, which is awesome, because there were many great things about playing fullback at UCLA, even when we weren't very good (hopefully with Chow and Neuheisel we will be awesome now!!!!!). Anyway, Thanks to Annie and the others in my life who are helping me remember, (Mom, and Dad, Momma B and Pop).

Well, I must go, the east shore is currently being slammed with a swell so I'm gonna go get a quick post-work surfing session in at Kailua beach.

No comments: