Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Salty Weekend

This weekend was a tough one for me. It was one of those where I remember how bitter and angry and chump-like I can be. From our dog being a butt, to our car giving me crap for changing the oil, to me being bitter towards my wife for no good reason, it was a weekend full of bitterness for me (out here in the aloha state, we say someone is salty, not bitter). I think God really wants to show me some junk in my heart and my life and part of it took all that coming to the surface this weekend.

Anyway, needless to say, I tried spending alot of time in the water and trying to get my heart right (it's funny how you can't necessarily will that to happen). But on Sunday it was great because I triumphed over my car and got everything running well, and was met here at the church by one of our Jr high leaders and parents (and just an awesome guy) and we went out to the Sandy beach and met another guy there and did some bodysurfing. The next day I ran into the parent/leader at sandy beach again and we talked about how we both experienced a salty weekend and how we really used Sunday's session to clear our heads, start fresh and feel better. It was encouraging. In fact, as I look at it now, the whole weekend was encouraging because even though I was an absolute butt, God surrounded me with gracious people and opportunities and kept me sane and reminded me who is in control (it's God by the way, not me)

A side note, on Friday, I went out to Sany beach for some late morning Bodysurfing and showed up and it was HUGE, I'm talking the biggest I have ever been in the water for. These big ones that were breaking outside had about 15 foot faces and the ones inside were atleast 12 foot faces (double-overhead) and barelling so big and fast you could fit a car in there. And to top all this awesomeness off, it was sooooooo clean and rideable and fast. I wish there were pictures of it I could direct you to on the web, but I have not yet found any. Anyway, God really blessed me with that experience (yes, I pulled the "G-Card") because I guess only two hours before I got there, my friend said it was so unrideable, he didn't even get in (and this friend is crazy and will try to ride anything), and then the leader/parent went by later that afternoon and said it was still clean, but significantly smaller, so yea, I was blessed to have such awesome conditions and rides. well, that's all for this random post.

No comments: