Thursday, February 14, 2008

Miscellaneous




Well, here we go...

Two weeks ago I got a head cold and got knocked on my butt a little, I then gave the cold to Annie, who got busted a lot longer than I, but also had some worse symptoms. Then tuesday morning I woke in the 5 o clock hour to some wicked gastrointestinal curiosities. I made a couple trips to the bathroom but nothing happened and I didn't feel better. Finally at about 6:30 I struck gold and tossed my cookies, big time. My uber-loud vomitting woke Annie up and she felt sorry for me. I then fell back asleep. Later in the afternoon I went for broke again and threw up the little water I had consumed that day. Needless to say, my day sucked. The next day was youth group and I am solely responsible for making the HS group happen, so of course I don't feel better. Thankfully I stopped throwing up, but didn't feel any better.


Made it through Wednesday, on to Thursday, Valentines day. Oh yea, tonight we fly on a red-eye to LA to take 11 HS-ers to winter camp. We will be driving right off the bat up to the mountains, snowboarding and then straight into an awesome, but energy filled winter camp. I am praying that I don't feel worse with the wear that my body is going to receive, but that's alot to fight against.

Also of note... Today marks the third valentines day in a row that Annie and I haven't been able to celebrate being a couple. Ever since we've been together we both had to work on Valentines day. Well, at least we work together every time....


Last, in honor of Facial-Hair-February, I am being very unshaven. Annie always tells me I look like a dirty, arab man; which is to say I look like an arab man who spent a week in the wilderness sans shower and shave, not that Annie thinks arab men are dirty, cause she doesn't. So here's a little photo-love in that. BTW, the above picture is me specifically pointing out my neck-beard.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got nothing but love for the dirty, arabesque neck-beard, and by the way it's spelled über, not uber